Friday, February 8, 2013

I love charities!!

Ok...so I absolutely LOVE charities!!!

I've decided that once in a while I will highlight some of my favourite ones right here on the blog! They may either be local ones or worldwide ones but I hope to bring awareness about these causes and allow you readers to make an impact!

So here's the inspiration....last night I was being involved with one of my favourite activities....browsing pinterest of course! When I came across a picture of the cutest pair of sandals called Ssekos! These are GREAT looking summer wear PLUS they are made by girls recently graduated from high school in Uganda to be sold to help them pay for tuition at the university level!

(Photo Credit to their website)

Aren't these sandals so stinking cute?!?!

Sseko's mission is this,

 "Sseko Designs uses fashion to provide employment and scholarship opportunities to women pursuing their dreams and overcoming poverty"

How cool it THAT?!?!

They take no time away from the studies of these girls! They employ them right after high school and before they head to the university to make the products!

Here's how it works.....you pick the size of the base, then you pick the cotton straps! There are many different color and pattern selections. My absolute favorite part of this whole thing is the amount of ways that you can wear the straps (see above photo)! There are even tutorials on their website for ideas on how to wear them and how to get the style wraps that they advertise.

I absolutely adore the fact that you can personalize them in this way!

The styles of and types of straps is what mainly controls the cost from what I can see...oh and add in the fact that these are made in Uganda and there is shipping involved you could spend anywhere from $35-$65 on these babies.

However I cannot think of a cooler way to spend that extra money. I mean, are you kidding me? Getting a super cute product along with helping a girl further her education is priceless. This is going to help them before future doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. 

So go ahead and check them out at....

No comments:

Post a Comment