Friday, February 15, 2013

How did they do it?

You know, I'm at a loss as to how women did it back then....you know back before the recipes.com, food network and pinterest. 

Y'all seriously....if it wouldn't be for those three things I'd be in a bind as far a cooking is concerned! My poor husband would be eating things out of cans, boxes or depend on his own self...really for me it's fend for yourself!

Suffice to say I was never one to be in the kitchen watching mom cook and helping out....no...I was more likely to follow daddy to the barn and come back with my good school shoes full of mud but a satisfied look on my face.

I'm still very hard on my shoes (Travis is making me retire my super cute black boots because I wore them in the wood shop at school and they are pretty much shot...oh well!) but I have become more creative in the kitchen lately!!

By the way...this is how now think and speak...without the grammatical errors of course...

(Who makes these things sometimes? Back to 4th grade spelling they go!)


Anywho, I digress!

Last night I made a pretty good chicken dish made with red wine vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard. The author of the blog claims that it's the "world's best" but though it will probably be a repeat recipe that I use (let's face it...it's easy and pretty quick, I'm all for that!) however, I can't say that it's the best ever. You can find the recipe here! It was something different, which I like, and the flavors were interesting blended together.

Another recipe that I've tried and loved it this little gem! It's a recipe for spaghetti squash Alfredo! It's very yummy and has made me an instant fan of spaghetti squash...not sure what a spaghetti squash is? Click here and I promise you won't be disappointed! You can cook it pretty much in any recipe where regular pasta noodles are used.

If you've got any recipe's that are tried and true for this newlywed to try out on her unsuspecting husband feel free to leave a recipe for me! I look forward to trying some different things! Which reminds me....I bought more spaghetti squash to try out some different things...can't wait!!



No comments:

Post a Comment