Friday, January 4, 2013

Bitter-Sweet Revelations....

We've all had those moments....you know...the ones where you are so ecstatically happy for a person or   a situation only to realize what you would lose or miss out on in the process. 

Well today was one of those moments for me....today one of my bestest friends in the entire world left today for the adventure of a lifetime with her family. You see, my friend since elementary school, Mrs. Lizzy Jaqua, and family are moving roughly 4,430 miles to the town of Kenai, ALASKA

Which is here........


It is a peninsula city of Alaska about 2.5 hours south of Anchorage. 

And just WHY you might ask, are they moving so far when Liz, a purebred Cajun, is used to a culture where families move onto family owned property behind mom and pop's house to such a remote location? Well simply put her husband Mike landed a pretty awesome job out there with his company, he fell in love with the area and they were excited when he was offered the position. After much prayer and consideration they decided to move.....

(and with a view like this who wouldn't!)



I am so very excited for their two children, 2 1/2 year old Olivia "Livy" and 9 month old baby Michael (aka my littlest godchild!), who will be able to grow up in and experience such a magical place that most people only dream of visiting (me included!) 

I told Livy to have fun on their adventure! 

Annnnd.....that's where the sweet part ends. 

The bitter part was watching that truck pull away from the house this evening and feeling bitter that one of my best friends and closest confidants was not going to be just literally 5 minutes down the road...and that now I have to take time zones into consideration when calling and texting, not only that but I will no longer be able to get my at least once or twice a week visit! 

Since we have reconnected after a couple of years where after high school we had parted ways it's rare that Liz and I go three or four days without at least texting each other once...and while I know that doesn't have to change...I still feel a little selfish and want her and her family here and all to myself. 

As I'm sitting here in my drowning in my own self pity God is speaking to me. He's reminding me that my friends and I are world changers...and how are we supposed to change it if we do not go out into the world? 

I know He has wonderful plans for this amazing family who is dedicated to serving Him first and foremost and I have to trust Him as they did and let it be HIS will to be done and not let my emotions and selfishness get in the way of all that He has in store for them. 

So please join me in praying traveling mercies over this amazing family and that once they reach Alaska that God will use them in a mighty way! 



No comments:

Post a Comment