Friday, November 23, 2012

So very.....very THANKFUL!

One of my favorite charity's to sponsor, Sevenly, posted this yesterday in honor of Thanksgiving and I thought it was oh so appropriate!


I mean seriously, no matter what you are going through in life or what circumstances are forced upon you there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.

 Just think for a minute about the fact that you woke up this morning, you were able to inhale and feel your lungs expanding with life giving oxygen. You were probably able to smell that wonderful fall candle or those amazing pumpkin and pecan pies yesterday.

 (or this morning's dubious morning breath, YIKES!) 

You can see the leaves changing colors, or in South Louisiana the lack thereof. 

Feeling your loved one's hugs and hearing their voices melding together in a sea of happy choruses upon greeting each other. 

Sigh....makes me happy and thankful just THINKING about it! 

I challenge each and every one of you that on a day when you feel like there is nothing going right, list at least 5 or 10 things that you are truly thankful for and I definitely, definitely think that you will have a different perspective after reflecting on it. 

So here are my top 5 things I am so very thankful for this season in my life. 

5. A place to call HOME. Thank You Lord for blessing me with a house, land and barns! Everything about this place is undoubtedly provided by You!

4. My animals Lilly, Jasper and Riley!! My furry friends aka Fur-kids give me such joy and comfort! Again Lord I thank You for the bounty of trusting me in giving care to your wonderful creations!

3. My friends. WOW! Lord You have blessed me in this area SO VERY MUCH!! By bringing these people into my life You have added a richness and a blessing that can never be replaced and I will cherish them forever!

2. My FAMILY! Lord again...though we cannot pick our families it is apparent that You knew exactly what you were doing by having me born to such amazing parents and able to do life with such amazing siblings. From my aunt's and uncle's and their undying support of me to my cousins who forever make me laugh like no one else THANK YOU! Thank you also for the gift of a husband, who when I met him my soul recognized, it's as if my soul said, "There you are!" and yet I had no idea of the journey you would bring us on Lord, on that included YOU as the center though at the time we had no idea!

1. This is the most important thing that I am so very thankful for! Lord, THANK YOU for the gift of SALVATION through Your Son JESUS CHRIST! John 3:16 sums it up, You gave Your one and ONLY Son for US! My mind is blown at the mere thought of what that was like. Lord though I don't deserve it, Thank You for saving me and bringing me to a place where I call You King of kings and Lord of lords in my life. 

God calls us to give thanks all the time and not just for a day or a season. I hope that this inspires you when, even in hours of discouragement, you can find something to be thankful for.


~Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment