Monday, November 12, 2012

Finally :) .....

SOOO very much has happened within the past few weeks that I didn't possibly have time to get it all down! From National FFA Convention in Indianapolis to getting married (Yes...you saw that  correctly!) to running a 10k and the upcoming Color Run with my ladies in NOLA this  coming weekend. I feel as if I have been on a huge roller coaster, a GOOD one though...with thrills and laughs and everything in between!

I figure the BIGGEST news should come first to the blog. TRAVIS AND I GOT MARRIED!!! FINALLY!!!! After 8 long years of courtship and almost 3 years of being engaged we finally tied the knot!!! 


It came as a surprise to some, mostly because we kept it a little on the down low because we kept the wedding so small. Around 20 people, immediate family, were who celebrated with us.

My "Momma Jo" took our photos the day of the wedding, she owns Photography by JoAnn Richard and did an excellent job!!

She and Mrs. Rachel Blanchard of Rachel Blanchard Photography did an AHH-MAZING job on my bridals!!!


We were married at a hall here in Lafayette, La. Lafayette Receptions and Banquets is DEFINITELY a place I would recommend to ANYONE! Mrs. Jodi Snelling and crew make you feel so at home and loved!!! It was wonderful to work with them! Y'all their food is SOO good!!! They also serve plate lunches during the week!! Check 'em out for sure!!

Another fun part was the cakes!!! The wonderful Mrs. Norma Broussard over at Cookie Express hooked a sista up with some red velvet cupcakes, Travis' awesome grooms cake and a beautifully decorated cake table :) SOOO YUMMY!!! Her red velvet cupcakes are my FAVORITE!!!



One of our favorite people in the whole entire world was able to marry us!! We prayed for a while as to WHO we would ask to marry us. We absolutely LOVE our pastors at Crossroads church but there was someone who just fit and who we wanted to be a part of our day so much that we just felt right about it. Mr. David Broussard, who is Travis' former Ag teacher and one of my Ag teacher heroes is the pastor of a church in Bayou Jaque. He's known Travis since his freshman year of high school and myself since my sophomore year. He's seen us grow together as a couple but more importantly as children of God, and that history meant so much to us!



We took the COOLEST honeymoon to Disney World!!! We were welcomed and catered to and had a blast at the parks and on the rides!



So now we are home :) residing in our new home and loving every minute of being husband and wife! I'm actually enjoying learning to cook with my hunni by my side and folding clothes isn't so daunting knowing he's right there helping :)

We are so very thankful to everyone who has been there for us and believed in us every step of the way! We love you all!!


4 comments:

  1. Well sweetheart you are definately an amazing woman and I couldn't possibly imagine living life without you. We've had a long journey here and I'm looking forward to the path that lies ahead - the long one. Love you darling.

    ReplyDelete